The peeps over at With My Ex Again recently contacted me about guest posting an article on mobile dating. Mobile dating has become very popular over the last couple of years. As people rely increasingly on their cell phones, the more the dating industry is focusing on the mobile aspect of online dating. Some dating upstarts are even forgoing a web presence and choosing to focus exclusively on mobile applications (“apps”), while other, more established dating companies supplement their web presence with mobile capabilities (like Match and OKCupid, for instance).
I’m a big advocate of creating your own opportunities in your dating and love life (“Be the CEO of your love life” is my motto), and I wholeheartedly support online and mobile dating (I met my husband on Match), which empower daters to take the reins in their love lives, rather than passively sit on the sidelines waiting for something to happen. Dating apps are certainly a great addition to meeting people in other ways (singles events, parties, through friends, etc.), so it’s worth experimenting with a few.
Read below for a bit of info on a few of the dating apps out there, as selected by the folks at With My Ex Again.
Dating has gone fully digital, and it’s seriously the best. Whether you’re trying to mend a broken heart by getting back out on the market, or just looking for a fun night out with someone new, an online dating app is the way to go. Here are our top five:
- Tangle – Ever pass a stranger on the street, or exchange a glance at the coffee shop and later kick yourself for not stopping to chat and exchange info? There is such a thing as a second chance, and Tangle makes it possible. Like a real-time, mobile version of Craigslist’s missed connections, Tangle lets you retrace your steps to where you were when you saw the one that got away. If he/she also uses the app, you can find them, check out their profile, and see if you’re a match.
- Bumble – A new player on the market, Bumble is changing the dating game with a woman-centric approach. The app basically works like Tinder, but it puts all the power in the hands of its female users by requiring them to make the first move within 24 hours when presented with a match, if not, the connection will be gone forever.
- OK Cupid – It’s nothing new, but that’s part of what makes it such a good choice. Because it’s one of the older dating sites around, it has a massive pool of potential matches to choose from. And it’s super flexible, allowing you to search for matches by preferences, browse through other online users, or check out your match of the day.
- Zoosk – One of the most popular dating apps on the market, Zoosk is great because it allows you to instantly chat with users all over the world. It can be accessed via website, mobile app, and Facebook, making it extremely convenient to use on any platform. It’s also free to sign up. However, if you want full access, you’re going to have to purchase a membership.
- Tinder – Tinder quickly became the undisputed king of the dating app world, and as of this moment, it doesn’t seem like it’s in danger of losing its crown anytime soon. It’s free, it’s anonymous and it’s extremely easy to use: just swipe left if you’re not interested, swipe right if you are, and if the feeling is mutual you can start chatting right away. And even if you don’t find love via Tinder, it’s always good for a laugh.
Honorable Mention: Coffee Meets Bagel: This one is still relatively new, but it looks like it’s just about ready to blow up. Coffee Meets Bagel connects users to potential matches who share mutual friends on Facebook. We like it because it narrows the field to just one curated match per day, emphasizing quality over quantity.
So if you’re looking for love, these five are all great places to get started. I would recommend sampling a few of them first before settling on one you like, or just use them all. The beauty about these dating apps is that most of them are free, or offer free trials, so you can open profiles on all five and multiply your dating options. Good luck, and happy swiping!
We are a Team of Love Coaches who specialize in helping people get back with their ex. In business since 2007, we have helped more than 10,000 men and women bring back their ex into their lives by changing people’s bad habits and negative behaviors. Alex and Adrian follow a unique approach and philosophy to love and relationships, one that has proven to be successful worldwide, and tailored to the specificities of each individual. http://withmyexagain.com/